Doctoral level programs are offered through the School of Public Health and the School of Public and Environmental Affairs.
Help manage, mitigate, and avoid environmental issues
Ph.D. in Environmental Health
- Educates environmental health professionals to understand the influences and effects of environmental factors on human health and disease with a focus on rural communities
- Prepares health scientists to conduct and share through scholarly pursuits the results of original lab-based research
- Emphasizes the scientific, technological, policy, and management skills needed to address environmental, toxicological, and occupational health concerns
- Prepares students for careers as highly qualified independent investigators, academicians, and practitioners of environmental health
- Administered through the IU School of Public Health