Graduate Program | Mission & Culture
We offer a hands-on study of media research and production. Our faculty work closely with students and get them involved in scholarly and creative projects.
Faculty-Student Connection, From Admissions Onwards.
- Applications reviewed by the faculty in the student’s area
- Students choose their own advisory committee, including the chair
- Advisory committee oversees the entire path from admissions to the degree
- Consultation is frequent, direct, personal
Flexible Student Programs, Derived Through Direct Faculty Consultation.
- All programs begin with rigorous core courses
- Afterwards, students design their own programs completely
- Student’s advisory committee consults and approves
- Sample programs are available for guidance
- Work outside the department is encouraged
- New, interesting, unorthodox educational programs are OK
Entrepreneurial Faculty, With Student Collaboration.
- Faculty are global authorities in numerous areas of communications
- Wide portfolio of faculty projects to choose from
- Traditional subjects as well as the cutting edge
- Faculty and students research and create together
- Hands-on training improves academic and creative skills
- Students often collaborate in long-lived teams (1-2 years)
- Open and friendly workshop atmosphere
The Graduate Program in Telecommunications at Indiana University:
A hands-on foundation for future research and creativity.
See glimpses of us at work and play: