Project GO Funding for ROTC Students
IU Project GO scholarships are valued at up to $6,500, including tuition and fees for SWSEEL, housing (with options on the Bloomington campus), and a small living stipend.
IU Project GO is funded by the United States Government’s Defense Language and National Security Education Office through the Institute for International Education.
- Any current ROTC student on track to commission
- All services — Army, Air Force, and Navy/Marines
- Contracted or non-contracted
- Any year of undergraduate study
- Any language proficiency level
Students who accept an IU Project GO scholarship commit to completing the entire summer program and to continue developing language proficiency after SWSEEL. IU Project GO offers alumni additional funds to pursue study abroad opportunities.
Students interested in applying for funding through IU Project GO should:
- Complete the online SWSEEL application (make sure to check the box indicating you are an ROTC student and answer the additional questions for ROTC students)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (except IU students)
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the unit’s cadre
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member (preferably one familiar with the student's language abilities)
Copies of transcripts and letters of recommendation can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:IU Project GO
Attn: Mitchell Farmer, Coordinator
1217 E Atwater Ave
Bloomington, IN 47401-3703