Housing & Meals
The Workshop strongly recommends living on campus, since this will augment the overall experience and increase the opportunity to speak with instructors, visitors, and other students.
Living on-campus is not required unless specified by student funding.
On-campus housing will be in single rooms with shared bath in Willkie Residence Center. Residential Program Services (RPS) will not permit students who will not be 18 by the start of the Workshop to live in Willkie. Other on-campus housing may be arranged for students who are 17.
Estimated Housing Costs
The special Workshop rate for Willkie in 2016 is $29.95 per night. The following is an estimate of housing costs for the duration of the Workshop:
|Workshop Session||Dates||Per Day||Days||Total Cost|
|9 week||May 30 — July 30||$29.95||62 days||$1,856.90|
|8 week||June 5 — July 30||$29.95||55 days||$1,647.25|
|4 week||June 6 — July 1||$29.55||27 days||$808.65|
There is a $200 housing application fee and a $5 summer session activity fee. The housing application fee is waived for IU students who will live in RPS residence halls during the 2016-2017 academic year. Students who lived in on-campus housing in the 2015-2016 academic year and will not live in on-campus in 2016-2017 will be charged a $100 application fee.
All on campus housing is in single rooms with a shared private bathroom. No on-campus housing is available for participants planning to bring partners or family members.
To apply for housing:
- Go to the New Student Housing Application.
- Once logged on, complete the prerequisites.
- Once the prerequisites have been completed, select the 2016-2017 Contract Year Tab. Then select the Summer Session Housing, and BEGIN APPLICATION.
- Applicants will be asked to review the Summer Residence Hall Contract.
- There is a $200 non-refundable housing application fee. The housing application fee may be waived or reduced for current IU students who live in RPS residence halls during the academic year (see above).
Please see the IU Residential Programs and Services web site for more information on meal plans you may wish to purchase. RPS dining facilities accept I-Bucks, Campus Access, cash, and credit card.
For more information on summer meal options, visit the Residential Programs & Services website.