- Constance Furey and Lisa Sideris are teaching classes at this year's Mini University!
- Constance Furey's book Poetic Relations: Intimacy and Faith in the English Reformation has been chosen as an Outstanding Academic Title by Choice, the review magazine from the ALA
- In the latest Commonweal Winni Sullivan discusses a new book of Justice Antonin Scalia’s speeches, posthumously collected by his son and a former clerk.
- Cooper Harriss will teach in the Institute for Foreign Literature Studies at Beijing Normal University this June.
- Candy Brown presents the Presidential Address for the American Society of Church History, 2018
- The Department of Religious Studies is thrilled to welcome Professor J. Kameron Carter, who will join the faculty in Fall of 2018 and will begin teaching in 2019.
- The world of religious scholars is mourning the passing of James H. Cone
- Sonia Velazquez has been selected to receive the 2018 Latino Faculty and Staff Council Faculty Award
- Missed Sarah Pike's lecture on March 20? The video of it is now available!
- Alum Hannah Murray visited the department to talk about her experience with Teach for America.
- Kevin Jaques is in the Inside IU news for his beautiful turned wooden bowls.
- Read Cooper Harriss' contribution to "Is This All There" Is on The Immanent Frame "The shapeless things to come"
- Constance Furey has two new pieces in the The Immanent Frame Where I’m going, and Devout death
The Consortium for the Study of Religion, Ethics, and Society(CSRES)
For more information about events, sign up for our weekly e-newsletter.
- Help support continued excellence in our department
- Joseph Bartzel has been named one of 21 Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellows for 2018 by the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation.
- Alum Samuel Stubblefield, has been awarded a Theta Alpha Kappa Graduate Fellowship Award, one of three offered nationally to religious studies honors society members. Way to go!
- Congratulations to our 2018 Religious Studies Graduates
*Ossama Abdel Gawwad
- Maggie Slaughter reports on her recent trip to Ireland "Queer Ireland is Here, Catholic, and Standing its Ground"
- Check out the latest issue of Invocations, the IU Undergraduate Religious Studies Journal.
- The department is proud to announce Farzana Sabaah Memon has been elected to Phi Beta Kappa!
- Check out the latest Religious Studies blog with our woman in Europe, Kiersten Mann
Submissions being accepted for the Undergraduate journal Invocations
All are welcome
Ekklesia: Three Inquiries in Church and State
Winnifred Sullivan, University of Chicago Press, 2018
Ralph Ellison’s Invisible Theology
Cooper Harriss, NYU Press, 2017
Lisa Sideris, University of California Press, 2017
Masculinity and the Making of American Judaism
Sarah Imhoff, Indiana University Press, 2017