- Sonia Velazquez has been selected to receive the 2018 Latino Faculty and Staff Council Faculty Award
- Registration now open for the conference "Religious Perspectives and Alternative Futures in an Age of Humans" as part of the project "Being Human in the age of Humans: Perspectives from Religion and Ethics"
- Missed Sarah Pike's lecture on March 20? The video of it is now available!
- Get tickets now for Lisa Sideris' upcoming talk with Clive Hamilton for the Lannan Foundation in Santa Fe. Wednesday, 2 May, 2018
- Alum Hannah Murray visited the department to talk about her experience with Teach for America.
- Kevin Jaques is in the Inside IU news for his beautiful turned wooden bowls.
- Read Cooper Harriss' contribution to "Is This All There" Is on The Immanent Frame "The shapeless things to come"
- CFP Granfalloon: A Kurt Vonnegut Gathering, celebrating the life and work of Kurt Vonnegut
- Winnifred Sullivan is awarded the 2017 Martin E. Marty Award for the Public Understanding of Religion.
- Constance Furey has two new pieces in the The Immanent Frame Where I’m going, and Devout death
The Consortium for the Study of Religion, Ethics, and Society(CSRES)
For more information about events, sign up for our weekly e-newsletter.
- Help support continued excellence in our department
- Religious Studies Graduation Ceremony
May 5, 1:00-3:00pm
Neal Marshall black Cultural Center
For all graduating Religious Studies majors and graduate students
- Check out the latest issue of Invocations, the IU Undergraduate Religious Studies Journal.
- Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 10:00 am
"Threatening the Very Foundations of Civilization: Religion and the American Drug War, 1875-1937"
Sycamore Hall, Room 224
Religious Studies students join Media School students for a spring break study abroad in Ireland
- Gheorghe Pacurar awarded a Mellon Foundation fellowship.
- Congratulations to Dr. Ashlee Andrews on her successful dissertation defense! She will be joining the faculty at the University of North Carolina-Greensboro in a tenure track position in the fall.
- The department is proud to announce Farzana Sabaah Memon has been elected to Phi Beta Kappa!
- Check out the latest Religious Studies blog with our woman in Europe, Kiersten Mann
Submissions being accepted for the Undergraduate journal Invocations
All are welcome
Ekklesia: Three Inquiries in Church and State
Winnifred Sullivan, University of Chicago Press, 2018
Ralph Ellison’s Invisible Theology
Cooper Harriss, NYU Press, 2017
Lisa Sideris, University of California Press, 2017
Masculinity and the Making of American Judaism
Sarah Imhoff, Indiana University Press, 2017