Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the deadline for submitting an application?
- Do I need to submit a separate application for financial aid?
- What are your Institution and Department Codes for sending my GRE scores to the IU Religious Studies Department?
- When will I find out if I have been admitted?
- Can I apply to start the program in the spring rather than the fall?
- If I am admitted and then decide that I would like to take a year off, can I defer my start date until the following fall?
- How do I accept or decline an offer of admission?
- How can I get more information about the admission process or program?
The deadlines for applications are December 15 for domestic applicants and December 1 for non-U.S. citizens. Late applications will not be accepted, even for those not interested in financial aid.
No separate application for financial aid is necessary for financial support from Indiana University. Successful applicants can expect to receive a financial aid package, which typically includes a stipend for living expenses (usually tied to a teaching assistantship), health insurance, and a full tuition scholarship.
Institution Code: 1324 Department Code: 2904
All applicants will be contacted no later than early March.
Yes. After you have been admitted, if you would like to defer your admission, please contact the Graduate Office with your decision. Many financial aid awards, however, cannot be delayed until a later year, and thus you should consult the department's Director of Graduate Studies, Jeremy Schott, before making a decision to defer. Admitted students must indicate whether they are planning to attend IU no later than April 15.
We ask that you notify the Director of Graduate Studies, Jeremy Schott, as soon as you make your decision to attend or not attend our program. You may do so by email or you can send us a note at the following address:
Department of Religious Studies
Sycamore Hall, Room 230
Bloomington, IN 47405
Please feel free to contact our Graduate Office for additional information:
Phone: (812) 855-3532
Fax: (812) 855-4687
Please consult the University Graduate School Bulletin for detailed information about University and departmental requirements.