Hours and Contacts
Listening Library Hours (Eastern Time zone)
Monday-Friday: 10-12, 1-5 (Closed weekends & holidays)
Summer Hours: Monday-Friday: 1-5 (Closed weekends & holidays)
9 AM to 5 PM (Eastern Time zone)
The Archives of Traditional Music is located on the Bloomington campus of Indiana University in Morrison Hall. It is flanked by Memorial Hall to the south (on East 3rd), Sycamore Hall to the east, and Goodbody Hall to the west. The main office is in room 117, the Listening Library in room 120, and the Hoagy Carmichael room in room 006. The Hoagy Carmichael room is made available to the public during special events or by appointment.
Our mailing address is:
The Archives of Traditional Music
1165 E. 3rd St.
Morrison Hall Rm 117, Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47405-3700
Parking on the Indiana University campus during our business hours requires an IU permit for posted lots or parking in a garage or pay lot. The parking garages closest to Morrison Hall are as follows:
- Atwater Garage – any space not otherwise posted is available for visitor parking
- Jordan Avenue Garage – the upper level is available for visitor parking
- Henderson Garage – any space not otherwise posted is available for visitor parking
There are also two pay lots near the Indiana Memorial Union which provide easy access to Morrison Hall.
Complete parking garage and lot information including maps and rates can be found at www.parking.indiana.edu/parking_operations/locations_garages.aspx.
Parking for Disabled Visitors
Visitors with a Disabled license plate, State Disabled placard/hang tag, or an Indiana Disabled American Veteran plate may either:
- Obtain a Visitor-disabled permit from Parking Operations;
- Use a Disabled-only meter; or
- Use a campus parking garage
Disabled-only meters allow the visitor to park without obtaining an IU permit. Drivers with the above-listed documentation on their vehicle may simply feed the Disabled-only meter for up to four hours; however, drivers with an IU disabled permit may use these spaces for free so availability can be limited. The meters must be paid to avoid a citation during hours of enforcement (7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Friday).
Disabled zone (HC) spaces require the above-listed documentation on the vehicle AND an IU disabled permit which can be purchased at Parking Operations located in the Henderson Garage on Fess Ave. between Atwater Ave. and 3rd St.
Disabled parking near Morrison Hall – indicated as blue dots on the map below
- Morrison Hall (right behind our building but only accessible by passing through the guard gate on 7th Street near the IMU and winding around Ballantine Hall) – 2 HC zone
- Goodbody Hall (west side of Goodbody off of 3rd Street) – 3 HC zone
- President’s Lot (north of the School of Music en route to Bryan House, accessible off of Jordan Ave.) – 2 disabled meters & 3 HC zone
- Memorial Hall (circle drive off of 3rd Street) – 1 disabled meter & 12 HC zone
- Music Circle & Drives (off of 3rd Street) – 1 disabled meter & 8 HC zone
The only wheelchair accessible entrance to our building is from the loading dock which is on the north side of Morrison Hall. Anyone in a wheelchair would likely want to park in the Morrison Hall or President’s lot spaces as they provide the most direct access to that entrance. The other lots can work with wheelchairs but would require navigating around to the back of the building. Those able to manage a few stairs may wish to focus on the other locations.
Complete parking information and maps can by found at: www.parking.indiana.edu/parking_operations/locations_garages.aspx