Tomorrow, on March 9th at 1pm, we will have a LAL meeting at BH 115 for conference presentation rehearsals .
Jean will practice her AAAL paper presentation, and Dr. SHin, Senyung, and Yena I will rehearsal their presentation for LARC!
Meeting place: BH 807
Meeting time: 1:20pm – 2:20pm on Fridays (or 2:30pm on some Fridays when there is no SLS colloquium)
- 01/19/18 – Yena Park: Duijm, K., Schoonen, R., & Hulstijn, J. H. (in press). Professional and non-professional raters’ responsiveness to fluency and accuracy in L2 speech: An experimental Approach. Language Testing. 1-27.
- 01/26/18 – Amy Soto: Tigchelaar, M., Bowles, R. P., Winke, P., & Gass, S. (2017). Assessing the Validity of ACTFL Can‐Do Statements for Spoken Proficiency: A Rasch Analysis. Foreign Language Annals.
- 02/02/18 – Senyung Lee: Cheng, J., & Matthews, J. (2018). The relationship between three measures of L2 vocabulary knowledge and L2 listening and reading. Language Testing, 35, 3-25.
- 02/09/18 – Suchada Sanonguthai: Huang, H. T. D., Hung, S. T. A., & Plakans, L. (2018). Topical knowledge in L2 speaking assessment: Comparing independent and integrated speaking test tasks. Language Testing, 35, 27-49.
- 02 16/18 – Jaesu Choi: Yalçın, Ş., & Spada, N. (2016). Language aptitude and grammatical difficulty: An EFL classroom-based study. Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 38, 239-263.
- 02/23/18 – Dr. Shin: Kang, H. S., & Veitch, H. (2017). Mainstream Teacher Candidates’ Perspectives on ESL Writing: The Effects of Writer Identity and Rater Background. TESOL Quarterly, 51, 249-274.
- 03/02/18 – Conference Practice Presentation(s), Jean for AAAL, Dr. Shin, Senyung, and Yena for LARC
- 03/30/18 – Kimberly Wan
- 04/06/18 – Jaehyun Ahn
- 04/13/18 – Bihua Chen
- 04/20/18 – Jean Chun
Language Assessment Research Conference (LARC 2018)
- When : March 21 – 23, 2018
- Where: Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- Before or on Feb 15, 2018: $85 (Student)
- After Feb 15, 2018: $100 (Student)
Language Assessment Research Conference (LARC) 2018
American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL 2018)
- When: March 24-27, 2018
- Where: Chicago, Illinois
- Before or on Feb 16, 2018: $163 (Non-member Student)
- After Feb 16, 2018: $193 (Non-member Student)
- AAAL Official Website
- When: March 27-30, 2018
- Where: Chicago, Illinois
- Early Bird 1: February 1, 2018
- Early Bird 2: March 1, 2018
- After March 1, 2018 : No discount
- TESOL Official Website
We’ll be at MwALT on October 28 at Wright University, Dayton, Ohio!
Amy Soto will be presenting her paper “Test review: An English placement test for refugees”.
Senyung Lee will defend her dissertation proposal at the colloquium tomorrow at 2:30pm at BH103. The title of the study is: “Examining the Underlying Construct of L2 Lexical Collocation Knowledge”.